When your ex has broken your heart it’s completely natural to feel like saying mean things to get back at them after a breakup.
You will want to tell them how much they’ve hurt you, and to find a way to make them feel bad about losing you.
Sometimes saying mean things to your ex is just another way of coping with the loss of the relationship. You want to have the final word, but is this always a good idea?
While it’s totally understandable that you may have some things to say to your ex because the relationship ended badly. It’s probably not a good idea to go out of your way to say something hurtful to anyone.
With that being said and considered, let’s take a look at the mean things to say to your ex, but probably never should!
Mean And Hurtful Things To Say To Your Ex
If your ex has broken your heart. It’s natural to contemplate saying mean or hurtful things to get back at them in person or over text.
This is especially true if you ended things on bad terms, they’ve cheated on you, or they’re trying to win you back but won’t take “No!” for an answer.
Let’s take a look at some examples of the things you could say to an ex that are mean, hurtful, and send a clear message about your feelings.
Mean Things To Say To Your Ex
Even though you should probably never go out of your way to say something mean to anyone, including your ex.
If your ex is doing things behind your back, harassing you over text and in person, or is generally just not getting the message. Sometimes being mean is the only option you have.
Here are some mean things to say to your ex.
- Thanks for reminding me exactly what not to look for in a partner.
- I’d rather be single for the rest of my life than be with you.
- The thing I like best about our relationship is that it doesn’t exist anymore.
- You will never find someone as good me again.
- I feel sorry for the next person that has to date you.
- The only things that come out of your mouth are lies and stupidity.
- I should never lower my standards for someone like you again.
- Do you want to hear a joke? The punchline is dating you.
- I should have listened when my friends told me not to be with you.
- I used to be stupid, but then I got smart and dumped you.
- You’re exactly what I don’t want in a relationship.
- Has anyone ever told you that being yourself isn’t working?
- Haha sorry, just thinking about that time I used to date you.
- You were the worst decision I ever made.
- My life took a turn for the better when you left it.
- Your biggest talent is being a compulsive liar.
- I never felt for one second that we genuinely knew each other.
- You said you could never live without me, how is being the living dead working out for you?
- I don’t care that you’re not happy now, you made your choice.
- I won’t cry over you. Why waste the tears?
Hurtful Things To Say To An Ex
Sometimes you want to say something that you know will affect your ex on a deeper level. Especially when you’re hurting and had thought the relationship would last for the long term.
Saying hurtful things to your ex about the relationship can have a powerful impact. It can also make it clear you want nothing to do with them moving forward.
Here are some examples of hurtful things you can say to your ex.
- I wish we broke up much sooner.
- I still can’t believe our relationship lasted as long as it did.
- I wish I had a time machine so I could stop myself from meeting you.
- Thanks for showing me what a bad partner looks like.
- You never loved me as much as you love yourself.
- The biggest disappointment in my life was meeting you.
- I don’t regret much, but I do regret dating you.
- I should have trusted my gut when it told me not to like you.
- I’m glad I didn’t cry over you.
- You must be a comedian because your just one big joke to me now.
- If there is one thing I can hope for in life, it’s that I never have to see you again.
- I don’t have the patience to hate you, but you deserve to be hated.
- At the time I didn’t realize it, but I am far better off without you.
- Thanks for letting me go. I know what freedom feels like now.
- My friends and family were right. You were a bad idea.
- Was I drunk while I was dating you? Because it’s just one big mistake.
- We are never ever ever getting back together!
- Your friends were hotter anyway, sorry.
- As far as bad life decisions go. You’re at the very top of my list.
- I used to be stupid, but then I put a stop to our relationship.
Insulting Things To Say To Your Ex
When your ex starts taking things a step too far and begins spreading rumors and telling lies about you behind your back. You’re bound to have some words to say to them in anger.
Even though the mature thing to do would be to rise above what they are doing, and ignore it. This is not always easy if the things they are doing are still affecting you personally, and they’re insulting you in person.
Here are some examples of insults you can say to your ex.
- I thought you had taken my breath away, but darling, I was just suffocated by your bullsh*t.
- Remember God loves you, but I don’t.
- Today, I saw something that reminded me of you. But then I realized my eyes were lying to me as well.
- I apologize for the mean, awful, and very accurate things I’ve said.
- I need you, and I want you. To get out of my life.
- Lucky for you, mirrors don’t talk. But they don’t laugh either.
- Sorry honey, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, just like stupidity falls from yours.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right, and your parents have once again proven that.
- You must be really into maths. You add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.
- Good luck finding anyone who will put up with your bullsh*t as well as I did.
Mean Comebacks For Your Ex
If the relationship with your ex ended on bad terms, and you know you’re likely to bump into them again. It’s a good idea to have some comebacks ready to make your feelings clear.
This is especially true if you know they are bound to say mean things to you after the breakup. You may want some sarcastic or mean comebacks up your sleeve.
Here are some mean comebacks to say to your ex.
- I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.
- Literally, all I hear from you is “blah, blah, blah, blah”.
- Oh sorry, was I supposed to be offended? Let me write that one down.
- Your loss darling.
- I don’t make mistakes. I date them.
- Ex means, thanks for the Experience, our time has Expired, now Exit my life.
- Yes, I’m smiling. But you’re not the reason anymore.
- Relationships are a lot like algebra. Sometimes you look at your Ex and wonder Why?
- I would tell you to go f*ck yourself, but I’m pretty sure you’d be disappointed.
- I thought you were my knight in shining armor. Turns out you’re just a loser in aluminum foil.
Things To Say To End Your Conversation With Your Ex
When you want to end a conversation with your ex, either in person or over text messages. It can sometimes feel good to have the final word, especially if the conversation takes a turn for the worst.
Even though it’s probably better not to engage with your ex in the first place to avoid having to say mean things to them. At times you just need to have the final say and make your feelings about them clear.
Here are the things to say to end a conversation with your ex.
- I can’t hear you over all of the lies and bullsh*t.
- I’m sorry, what language are you speaking? It sounds like stupidity.
- There’s no need to repeat yourself. I ignored you just fine the first time.
- I’m not listening to you, so why don’t you just quit talking.
- I’ve moved on obviously, but clearly, you have not.
- Don’t worry, I don’t have to go. But I’m going to pretend I do.
- I’m far too busy and important for you now. Sorry.
- Sorry, I was trying to text someone I like.
- The worst decision I made today was texting you back.
- Stop texting me, you’re wasting my life again.
- You should consider talking to a therapist, maybe they can untangle your lies and your deception just as well as I did.
- I’m blocking this number, see you never.
- Goodbye, your loss.
What’s The Meanest Thing You Can Say To An Ex?
The meanest thing you can say to an ex is “I never loved you” or “Our relationship was a complete waste of time”. When said in anger during or after a breakup, both of these statements can have a deep and painful impact on your ex. Especially if the relationship lasted for a long time.
When you say these things to your ex, and they hear words from you like “I never actually loved you”. This can be heartbreaking and hurtful for them to hear. This can be especially true if they want you back.
Ideally, you should avoid putting yourself in a situation where you are having a heated or nasty exchange of words with your ex. This includes over text messages.
It’s far better to rise above the situation, ignore them and move on. Rather than resorting to saying cruel things you may not mean in the heat of the moment.